Friday, March 1, 2019

We Finally Decided on the Plot!

Today in class, we got in groups and discussed our ideas and plans for the project. All three of us came up with our own ideas for what we could do, then we decided on our favorite out of the three ideas.

My idea was, as you probably know, to create a horror film. In short, my general idea was to create a film from the point of view of a live stream in which the actors would talk directly to the camera. It would be about some kids playing a game that would lead to horror stuff. I was clearly still developing my idea.

However, once we heard all of our ideas, we decided on using Layla's idea which is about two strangers who switched bodies and don't know whose body they're in and they have to figure out who they are and how to switch back. I think that this idea is perfect because it gets to the action very early on and this is important because we are limited to about 2 minutes. Many other ideas would take too long to develop and the final product would lack a good plot.

This was a general idea, we are all going to come up with our own ideas to add on. One of the things that I think could improve this idea is making the two characters hate each other, making one look up to the other, or something similar. I think that the relationship between the characters will define what genre the piece will turn out to be. For example, if the characters hate each other, the movie would most likely become a comedy. A great example of how this story could be a comedy is the "Freaky Friday" music video, this uses lyrics and the relationship between the characters to make the piece a comedy. Another idea that I think we should consider is to make the characters already know each other. This way, we don't have to tell two different stories as they are already together, and will know instantly whose body they are in. This way, the story would concentrate more on figuring out how to switch back into their own bodies rather than finding each other. I think this would add more dialogue which would make the excerpt more interesting, however, it would also add more opportunity for bad acting.

These are just ideas. I will discuss them with my group and I'll update you on whatever we decide in the next posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment